Ultimate Road Trip Crackers
(aka: Hearty Vegan Protein Seed Crackers!)
Free of gluten, dairy, grains!
1 C. chickpea flour (sprouted is easier to digest)
1 C. coconut flour
3 teas. nutritional yeast
1 teas. fine salt
2 teas. garlic powder
1 teas. ground turmeric
(optional 1/2 teas. curry powder)
1/4 C + ~3 Tables olive or avocado oil
1/4 C. filtered water, plus extra if you need it!
1/4 C raw seeds (I used sunflower!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine chickpea flour, coconut flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt, garlic powder, turmeric, curry powder (if you so choose!), and oil in a food processor. Mix on high until well blended.
3. Switch the food processor to low and slowly add the filtered water until the dough begins to form a ball. Add more water if needed!
4. Add seeds to food processor and pulse a few times to evenly distribute the seeds.
5. Once mixed thoroughly, dump the dough out onto a large sheet or parchment paper and flatten lightly with your hands.
6. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Try to form it into a rectangular shape if possible.
7. Remove top parchment paper and transfer dough (still on bottom parchment paper) to a large baking sheet.
8. Score the dough with a knife into 1in. x 1in. squares.
9. Place dough in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until edges of the crackers have slightly browned.
Let the crackers cool, then cut and enjoy! You can store them in an airtight container for about 5 days, but they’ll probably be devoured within two!
Looking for more recipes? Sign up for my mailing list for sweet surprises in your inbox (did someone say cookie dough giveaways!?), or book me for a holistic nutrition consultation for a personalized health adventure!