Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!
(vegetarian, grain free, paleo, low carb, no processed sugar, can be vegan)
Makes 20 muffins – bc let’s be honest, these puppies are going to go fast. All dat pumpkin means these are chock-full of vitamin A (hello vibrant skin and healthy bones!) as well as iron (thanks for the help, cacao!). This is a sneaky food for the premenstrual time, that you can also eat with your inlaws! Make a ton and grab them for a quick breakfast on the go!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten. (for vegan, can be substituted for applesauce + flax meal)
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin puree (make sure it’s unsweetened!)
- 6 Tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F (my oven is fierce, so I did 310) and use muffin cup liners
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Then, add chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle the chopped pecans and additional pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes! Again this depends on your oven!
- Let these babies cool and then devourrrrr!